Eleven rising startups from across the Middle East and North Africa are flying to Silicon Valley to strut their stuff!
Eleven Arab startups are heading off to participate at the 'Arab World Meets Silicon Valley,’ a program designed by the MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab, known to have seen the birth and rise of some of Egypt’s most triumphing startups, such as Instabug.
The event, also known as the Global Track, is organised in collaboration with Bab Rizk Jameel, and is running the third track since its inception in 2014. Every year, the programme sends a number of startups to Silicon Valley for a week of workshops, investor pitch sessions, and other events to connect young entrepreneurs with investors. This year, the event will be held from September 8th to September 14th, and includes mind-blowingly innovative startups, from augmented virtual reality pioneers to streaming analytics gurus, and transportation applications. Here’s the breakdown of the 11 champions:
1. Instabug, the Egyptian startup making waves around the world with their solution for mobile developers to communicate with their users just by shaking their device.
2. Linkry, a one-stop shop for event organisers, providing services from online registration, check-in and badge printing, to mobile event applications and real time analytics.
3. Liww, the startup facilitating capital access for small businesses, covering a $250 billion gap in the Middle East alone.
4. Mondo Ride, the app setting out to compete with Uber, allowing users to order cars with a click and move around the city.
5. Myki, the mobile solution that sets out to be the future of identity management. The startup designed an enterprise mobile solution that eliminates the need for usernames and passwords.
6. NAR, the startup using drones to analyse and interpret data on the fly for real-time safety updates, applied in the oil and gas sectors.
7. Pixelbug, a Dubai-based (multi-cultural at its core) company that offers augmented reality technology apps.
8. Proximie, the tech startup setting out to revolutionize the way surgeons work, educating them through augmented virtual guidance.
9. Wrappup, a smart voice recorder that allows you to summarise meetings and makes your meeting discussions easily searchable.
10. Arrow Labs, a mobility software manufacturer specialising in niche applications and mobility solutions. Arrow Labs MIMS is a state of the art mobility platform designed for today’s modern workforce.
11. Evam, the provides a next generation business oriented streaming analytics platform for customer engagement and operational intelligence. Their platform is a real time event-processing solution capable of sensing, analyzing and acting on events as they are produced.
Sign up for the daily Startup Digest.